Important Information to all Parents/Guardians
Please click on the links to see the latest information regarding the end of the school year.
Letter from Dafen School
Letter from Carmarthenshire County Council
Schoop - This is our main form of communication to parents/carers. Please click on the following link to download the free app/subscribe to email and link to Dafen School. The code can be retrieved from your child's online learning platform. Please subscribe to the correct class.
Schools will be re-opening on June 29th in order to give pupils the opportunity to “Check-in, Catch-up and Prepare for summer and September”. The children will not be in school on a full-time basis and Home Learning will continue.
Would you please complete the survey below informing us of your intention to send your child back to school from June 29th onwards. The children will not be in school on a full-time basis and Home Learning will continue.
I appreciate that you may have many questions that you want answered, however it is important that we have an indication of the number of pupils who intend to return in order that we can prepare.
Would you please complete and submit the survey by Tuesday 9th June. Many thanks.
Re-opening of Dafen School Survey
Please click on the link below to read the information from the Director of Education & Children’s Services with regards to the re-opening of Carmarthenshire Schools. Diolch.
Re-opening of Carmarthenshire Schools
The way free school meals are being provided is changing from Monday 4th May. Please click on the link below to access the relevant information:
Free School Meals Information
Child Line provides 24/7 support through their website. Please click on the image below to find out more -
Please click on the poster below for further inforamtion regarding this counselling service -
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CHILDRECARE PROVISION FOR KEY WORKERS:
SCHOOP – School Messaging Service
If you have not already done so, would you please download the free SCHOOP messaging app, available from android and apple app stores, as this will be the main way of communication between the school and parents in order to inform you of any developments/updates.
In order to set up your account you will need the school’s identification number. Please contact the school during usual working hours for this number.
The Welsh Government announced yesterday that schools in Wales will close on Friday afternoon in light of the ongoing situation regarding COVID-19. Dafen School will close at the end of the school day on Friday 20th March. Please look out for school updates through Schoop and on the school website.
School staff have prepared a variety of resources/activities to support the pupils' learning at home. Learning packs have been prepared for all Foundation aged pupils, whilst online learning activities, accessed through Hwb, have been prepared for all Key Stage 2 pupils.
Please click on the link to access the letter sent out to parents/carers.
Thank you for your continued support.
WELCOME TO THE DAFEN PRIMARY SCHOOL WEBSITE!
Dafen Primary School is a Community Primary School which caters for pupils between the ages of three and eleven years old. The school is located in the village of Dafen.
Aims and Objectives
At Dafen School we aim to help pupils to:
- Be part of a happy, stable and caring environment, which provides the opportunity for every child to realise his or her full potential in all areas of the curriculum.
- Develop an enquiring mind.
- Develop the ability to question and discuss rationally.
- Apply himself/herself creatively to tasks.
- Develop physical skills.
- To acquire the knowledge, understanding and skills that are relevant to the National Curriculum, and to life in a rapidly changing world.
- Use language and numbers effectively.
- To appreciate the religious dimensions of life, and to help pupils understand what it means to take religion seriously. In our culture the greatest concentration will be on Christianity, but there will also be opportunities to offer insights into other religions, and develop respect for those who belong to them.
- Understand the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.
- Appreciate human achievements and aspirations.
We hope that you will find the website informative.
Please check for regular updates and use the calendar for upcoming events.
Dafen Primary School has adopted an app called Schoop. Schoop allows us to share information with parents about school news and events. The app is free and is available directly from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.