Dafen School PDG Statement
The Pupil Developmentn Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
- to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
- to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
At Dafen School we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Carmarthenshire Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
In 2017 - 2018 the school has used the funding available to:
Pupil Development Grant for 2017 - 2018 is £37,950.
Early Years Pupil Development Grant is 13,200.
- Literacy Support - for individuals and groups of learners.
- Reading Support - for older learners.
- Numeracy Support - small intervention groups.
- Whole School Music Provision - National Curriculum Music by Peripetetic Teacher.
- Health and Well Being - Physical Education programmes provided by Sgiliau.
- Curriculum Support - purchase of Cornerstones resources.
- Monitoring and Tracking Support - subscription to the Assessment Foundation.
- Purchase of new ICT equipment - in preparation for the DCF.
- Read Write Inc / Reading Resources.
- Support of educational visits.