Dafen School PDG Statement
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
- to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
- to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
At Dafen School we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Carmarthenshire Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
In 2016 - 2017 the school has used the funding available to:
- enhance teaching and learning by providing programmes of support aimed at developing literacy/numeracy and reading skills. These skills are developed from extra support provided within the classroom and also within a small group situation. Baseline assessments will be made and pupil progress monitored. End of year assessment to be carried out to measure progress made.
- enhance teaching and learning by providing programmes of support aimed at developing number skills, problem solving and reasoning skills within small group situations. Baseline assessments will be made and pupil progress monitored. End of year assessment to be carried out to measure progress made.